Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9 - Proud To Be Awesome

That's my first-born child's motto. So I guess that makes my motto: "Proud to be awesome's mom." And I am proud to be Brandon's mom. I am very thankful that God saw fit to plop him in my arms almost 13 years ago (well maybe it wasn't as easy as a plop but that's OK - I still love him).

And yes, he is as confident as his self-proclaimed motto states. His strong sense of self and self-confidence along with his drive and determination have served him well during his first 13 years - and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for him. He gives 100% in everything he does - be it school, sports or simply life in general. He also has a strong sense of right and wrong and doesn't feel the need to follow the crowd. He knows who he is and whose he is and isn't afraid to be true to himself.

I could go on and on about how awesome he is but I think you get the picture. (Don't get me wrong now, he has his faults but I'm thankful for those too.) Besides, he reads my blog and I'd hate for him to get a big head. :-)

Oh, and I almost forgot. What's not to love about a kid who promises to buy a beach house in the Caribbean for his mom when he becomes a rich and famous professional athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment