Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 6 - Dinner's Ready

At first glance this post may appear to be about food - but it's not. It's about so much more than that. (Although don't get me wrong - food is a wonderful thing and I am very thankful to have more than enough to feed myself and my family when so many others do not.) It's about being thankful for time spent together during family dinners regardless of what's on the menu.

Eating dinner as a complete family unit is very important to each of us, but it's not always easy to pull off. Between conflicting sports' schedules, work, meetings, and a two-year old, it takes commitment and sometimes the willingness to eat at 8:30 p.m. There are certainly many other ways to get in quality family time - but for me, nothing can replace coming together around the table to share the day's highlights, complaints, revelations, laughs, and just life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment