Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 17 - When You Least Expect It

I'm not a huge fan of having to run errands every day (especially when it requires toting around a very independent 2-year old) - so I try to consolidate whenever possible. It's even better if one of her big brothers goes with me so that I have reinforcements if needed. That was my goal today when I decided to try being efficient and squeeze in an out-of-the-way errand before heading to church for our regular Wednesday activities.

To make a long story short, my errand didn't pan out the way it was supposed to because my destination was closed by the time I got there (a minor detail that I forgot to check into before I went). But that's OK because we were having some quality conversation time with each other that we probably would have missed out on otherwise and for that I'm thankful.

Now driving around in vain isn't exactly the way I prefer to spend time with them - but it just reminded me that special moments can happen when we least expect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment