Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 24 - They Still Have To Work

Today was a typical day-before-Thanksgiving. I hung out with the kids and began preparations for tomorrow's feast. My goal was to get as much done ahead of time so that I can hang out on the couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade all morning long. I want to have as much time 'off' tomorrow as possible. After all it is Thanksgiving.

Well as I was preparing about a billion pounds of sweet potato casserole to be distributed tomorrow to on-duty firemen and police officers, the reality began to sink in that there are people who don't get tomorrow off to spend with family. Having the holidays off to celebrate with family and friends is something that I have always taken for granted. So today I am thankful for those who are sacrificing their family time to protect us (firemen and police officers) or care for those who are ailing (doctors and nurses) even during the holidays.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment