Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 29 - Me?

Am I really thankful for me? Am I thankful for who I am? Am I thankful for who God has made me? Yes, yes, and yes.

Up until today, I hadn't anticipated writing about myself - it seems a little odd. But the book I was reading in during my quiet time (which just so happens to be the same book that motivated me to take on this challenge) made me rethink this. After all, God created us as we are - complete with our faults and deficiencies - for a reason. He knew what type of personality I would need, what talents He would gift me with, and what weaknesses I would have that would make me draw nearer to Him. He knows what I'm capable of and what makes me cringe. He knows everything about me because He uniquely designed me that way. And while there are many traits I see in others that I don't possess but would like to have as well as attributes that I do have but would rather not, I'm still thankful that God chose me to be me.

I'm pretty sure He knows what He's doing so I'll keep relying on that even when I feel less than adequate. Because (to quote a song from my childhood)...


You gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
And I just thank you Father for making me, me.
(The Butterfly Song)

No comments:

Post a Comment