Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 26 - Lines and Leftovers

After a fairly full day of shopping, I was very thankful to have a fridge full of leftovers for dinner. Not only was this a nice convenience but it was just another reminder of the abundance that I have been blessed with. Also reminders were the Christmas gifts purchased for loved ones today.

As I was shopping with the masses, I made it a point to remember how blessed I truly am and let that shape my attitude today. No grumpiness when an item wasn't found, when wait times exceeded the normal limit or when parking spaces were few and far between. And you know what - it really changed my day. Instead of returning stressed and frazzled, I came home perfectly content (OK - maybe a bit sleepy, but that was only because I arose at 4:30 a.m.). Whether I achieved finding that must-have item or not, I recognize that I am blessed beyond belief and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment