Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 20 - My Eeyore

Eeyore has always been my most favorite character from Winnie-the-Pooh. (This is actually quite ironic since I'm probably the least like him.) But I just love Eeyore. In fact, I loved him so much I married him.

That's right - you read that correctly. I married my Eeyore almost 15 years ago. Now at the time I didn't really know I was marrying Eeyore (well I knew that my Eeyore shared similar personality traits with the Eeyore of the Hundred Acre Wood) - but I actually didn't find out until a few months later during a marriage enrichment seminar when we took the Myers-Briggs test. Tim's personality type was the same as Eeyore - mine was the extreme exact opposite. But we have learned over the years through much trial and error that it's OK because our fundamental values and beliefs are the same; it's simply how we approach them that's different.

I'm very thankful for those differences and for my absolutely 'perfect-for-me' husband. I know that there is no one else out there that could complement me like he does. To paraphrase a completely cheesy song - he's the apple to my pie, the straw to my berry, the peanut butter to my jelly.

Besides being like Eeyore, there are many other reasons that I love him and that I'm thankful for him. Here are just a few (because I could go on and on) - he constantly puts my needs and his babies' needs before his own; he's not above helping with the day-to-day running of the household; and he works hard so I can be at home with the kiddos.

I'm so thankful for the last 15 years - here's to 50 more.

I love you, Eeyore!

No comments:

Post a Comment