Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 30 - Peace Out

It's hard to believe today is the last day of my 30 Days of Thanks Challenge. And lest anyone think I have forgotten one of my children, rest assured that is not the case. (Believe it or not, there was a rhyme or reason to the dates I chose to write about my kids and Tim - it corresponded to the day of the month that their birthday is on.)

Today I am thankful for my mellow middle child Joshua. He never gets too bent out of shape about anything and is often willing to go with the flow (except when it comes to disagreements with his brother). He's been that way pretty much since birth. His life was probably the most disrupted when Mia came into the picture but he took it in stride and is a very good big brother.

Joshua is definitely not afraid to go out on a limb and try something new. This has exposed us to several new sports for our family - both of which carry a high risk of bodily harm - but he doesn't seem to mind. He's also our social butterfly and can find someone to hang with wherever he goes. Both of those traits will take him far (as long as he makes it through school without getting into to much trouble for running his mouth).

And while he may be a big middle schooler now, Joshua never acts too cool to snuggle with his mom - and for that I am very thankful.

I hope that my 30 Days of Thanks has challenged you to pause and reflect on all you have to be thankful for. My goal moving forward is to continue to reflect daily on all my blessings - big, small, mundane, extraordinary - even if I'm not writing about them. I hope by doing this I can have an attitude of thankfulness 365 days a year.

So in the words of Joshua - PEACE OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment