Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I AM going to do this

Hi, my name is Angela and I am a procrastinator. I come up with all sorts of ideas and things I want to do - from crafts to home improvement projects to creating a blog (I sat on this one for more than a year before there was actually anything to show for it) - but for some reason or another I never seem to get around to it. And then I'm sad, well disappointed is more like it, that I didn't do whatever 'it' was.

So here's the thing - I think maybe I need some accountability. OK, I know I need some accountability. I've tried telling Tim, the kids, and even my girlfriends about what I'm 'going' to do. But when I don't do it, they all let me get by with some lame-o excuse like 'Life got in the way.' Well guess what, I want some of these things - as inconsequential as they may be - to be part of what is my life.

So I'm going to try something a little different. I'm going to post an idea/project that I'm planning to do along with a deadline for completion. (My job before I became a stay-at-home mom was very deadline-oriented which was one of my main reasons for ever getting things done. I'm really not a slacker, I promise - I just seem to work better with firm deadlines rather than open-ended timeframes. But I digress.) I realize it's not like anyone is reading this to hold me to it, but there's just something about putting it in writing that makes it seem more official - kind of like a contract with myself.

Well, here goes nothing...

PROJECT #1:
I'm going to turn this...


into this really cute dress I saw on Prudent Baby.

And my goal is to finish it before Princess Mia turns 12. :-) No seriously, my plan is to complete it by next Wednesday.

So wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment