Friday, December 10, 2010

Thirteen, Really?

My first born turned 13 yesterday so I am now officially the mother of a teenager. How did that happen? Where did those 13 years go? How fast will the next few years go? Three more years until he's driving, five more years until he's in college, and on and on.

But to be honest, I'm not even thinking about those things right now. What I am thinking about and what's really distressing is that he is now officially the tallest member of our household (and by far has the biggest feet) - at 13!!

I think we have a few years before the princess overtakes us.

I'm really not short for a woman. I swear! Guess I'll have to break out the heels from now on.

Do you know how weird it is to have parent/child 'discussions' with someone who's taller than you are? Well, I find it weird (but maybe that's just me). Fortunately, he's a good kid so we don't have to have those discussions often.

Wonder if he would notice a cinder block on his head while sleeping - but I guess that would only work if he slept standing up. Any suggestions on how to stunt his growth? Just kidding! The better question would be how to fund his eating habits.

Happy birthday to our long-limbed, knobby-kneed teenager. We love you Brandon!

No comments:

Post a Comment