Remember the 'Summer List'? Wasn't it just yesterday when we came up with it?
Now that summer is theoretically over I thought it might be fun to recap what we accomplished. Remember, this was a no-limitations brainstorming session so some things didn't quite happen this summer. But hey, there's always next year!
1) Bowling...let me just say that there are no pro-bowlers among us.
2) Tie-dye t-shirts...exploring our crafty side.
3 & 4) Block party and homemade ice cream...we killed two birds with one stone on this one. Had our 'last hurrah' neighborhood gathering on Labor Day and made homemade Cheerwine ice cream - not so good in my book, but it got eaten by others.
5) Fishing...technically this was from Memorial Day. But that's the beginning of summer, right?
6) Shaving cream fight...cheap entertainment, but they LOOOOVVVEEDD it.
7) Water balloon fight...OK, I'm seeing a theme here. But we're really not violent people.
8) Baseball game...Sorry no pics here. Mia and I bailed on this one because it was 100 degrees outside. But the boys and Tim caught a Durham Bulls game.
9) Beach...one of my favs.
10) Washington, D.C...this one was really good too. Although I missed my baby terribly while we were gone.
11) 5K...we picked the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. A very moving experience. Just look at all those people.
12) Gym...No pics on this one for sure. But I did manage to get several workouts in thanks to my WONDERFUL baby sitters.
13) Blog...This one was another one of my items, obviously. But we see how well that turned out. But hey, it's fall and I'm determined to make a new start!
14) IronKids Triathlon...not for the faint of heart. My very athletic and physically fit boys hurt BAD after this one.
15) Pool...of course we did this one. It's a summer staple around here (but with 3 kids, well OK, with one toddler, it was difficult to get photos.)
16) Asheville...We spent some good quality time with the grandparents.
17) Krispy Kreme...thank goodness it's a long way from our house.
Not bad for us first timers. We had a great summer filled with lots of wonderful memories. I will definitely try this again next year - let's just hope the boys don't outgrow it too soon! (The thought of them actually outgrowing it ever makes me very sad - so let's just not think about that.)
Since we seem to be fairly successful with lists, maybe it's time for me to make a Fall Project To Do List. Better get started - the holidays will be here before we know it.
Here's to creating many more wonderful memories - no matter what time of year!