Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back At It - Blogging, Blankets and Bets

For some crazy reason, I thought that with summer break upon us I would have more time for blogging. I have recently come to the realization that was a silly thought. Between traveling, checking off items on our summer fun list (we're making a dent in it) and keeping up with the necessary household tasks (which is a bit more challenging with everyone under foot), I've found that I have lots to blog about but no time to blog.

It's very easy as a newbie blogger to come up with a thousand excuses not to make time to blog (at least for me anyway). But since I really want to become a real blogger, I need to put those excuses out of my head and...just do it!

So for my first entry after my brief hiatus (not that I was the queen of consistency before), I'm going to be a little random just to get back in the game.

1) Princess Mia and her blankie
Princess Mia and her blankie are inseparable. They go everywhere together - I mean everywhere. She loves her blankie - which is good since she needs a big, thick, fleece blankie with satin edges to keep her warm since it has only hit 100 degrees for a few days so far this summer (no sarcasm here at all). Well, because she and her blanking go everywhere together, blankie tends to get a wee bit dirty (did I happen to mention what a great Swiffer blankie makes). So the other day as I was doing laundry, I suggested to the Princess that we wash blankie. She was all for it - even carried it to the washing machine and put it in herself. All was well until...I shut the washing machine door and turned it on. Suddenly the only sound heard throughout the house was Princess Mia shouting and sobbing, "BLANKIE, MY BLANKIE" over and over again.


It was awful and my heart really did break for her, but Blankie.had.to.be.washed! For the next hour and a half we sat on the couch and snuggled until blankie was back where it belonged - in Princess Mia's arms. Alas, all was right with the world again.

2) Toy Story 3 - A Very Important Lesson
While we were visiting family for the 4th, we went to see Toy Story 3. If you've seen it, you know it's quite sentimental and makes you realize (even more than I already do) that your children will grow up. At least that's what I took away from it. Here's what Brandon and Joshua took away from it: See-N-Say Roulette.


A few days after returning home, I told them they needed to find something productive to do. And I guess (in their minds anyway) they did. I came downstairs to find them with Princess Mia's See-N-Say placing bets on which animal the arrow would land on. And they weren't messing around - they were betting with quarters. I guess they'll be heading to Vegas next!

Well that's enough for now - a summer fun list update will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment